Saturday, August 1, 2026

Be Careful Who You Entangle With

One of my students once asked why she never saw pictures of friends or celebrations on my feed. I responded calmly: Most things enjoyed don’t need a footprint.” I explained that I don’t have many friends, because as time passes, I’ve become more selective. I am careful with who I entangle with, because not everyone brings peace, joy, or genuine support.


This realization has grown stronger over time. Some people will clap for your success, heal with you, and let you do things on your own. They will support you quietly, without needing recognition, and their presence will strengthen your journey. But not everyone will be like that. There are those who will try their best to ruin you, who will speak for you without your consent, and who will not stop until they drag you down. They will stalk your steps, send messages filled with hate, and attempt to turn others against you. Their goal is not to see you thrive but to ensure you are silenced or diminished.

Recognizing this truth is not about living in fear—it is about living with wisdom. It teaches us to guard our hearts, to choose our circles carefully, and to value the rare people who genuinely support us. It also teaches resilience: even when faced with hate, we can rise above it by staying true to ourselves and refusing to let bitterness define us. Every negative encounter becomes a reminder of the importance of protecting our peace.

In the end, the lesson is simple but profound: be careful who you entangle with. Protect your joy, honor your growth, and surround yourself with those who clap for your success rather than plot your downfall. Because while the world may be full of voices, only a few deserve to walk beside you on the path to becoming your best self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Careful Who You Entangle With

One of my students once asked why she never saw pictures of friends or celebrations on my feed. I responded calmly: “ Most things enjoyed do...